Overview of Submission Steps
PubChem accepts data about chemical structures, annotations and associated bioassay test results. It is easy to add data to PubChem, but it does not happen instantly! Here is a summary of the required steps.
- Open an account (anyone can create a test account) or login to PubChem Upload
- To make data public, give organizational info to upgrade to full, approved account
- Uploaded data is never public until you explicitly commit it
- Check all validation messages
- Preview records as they will appear in public
- Edit or delete and reload if necessary
You must click on the "Commit" button for each submission that you are ready for public (or "on-hold") release.
To handle large volumes of data, our upload pipeline for public release runs daily. There are times, however, when the pipeline gets backed up or there are questions regarding your submission that additional delays will arise. If you have any questions, please contact us.
National Library of Medicine
8600 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20894